Gospel for March 1st 2020, First Sunday of Lent
This week, Jesus is tempted by Satan in the desert. But instead of giving in, Jesus tells Satan to go away.
Gospel Reflection for Kids
In this week’s gospel we hear about when Satan tempted Jesus three times. This reminds us of the way that Satan tempted Adam and Even in the Garden.
You see, Satan encouraged Adam and Eve to eat the fruit that God told them not to eat. Eve noticed three things about the fruit.
- It was good for food.
- It could make them wise like God.
- And it was nice to look at.
When Satan tempted Jesus in the desert, he used three things too.
- He told Jesus to turn stones into bread for food.
- He told Jesus to show off by jumping off the temple and letting angels catch Him.
- And he offered Jesus all of the kingdoms of the world.
When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they brought sin into the world. When Jesus refused Satan, He was fixing what they had broken.